M. Kate Thomas
M. Kate Thomas
Direct Line: (802) 665-2690 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Facey Goss & McPhee P.C.
Ms. Thomas' main areas of practice include:
- Civil Litigation
- Family Law
- Landlord/Tenant Law
- Personal Injury
- Small Business Representation
- Admitted to Bar in Vermont, November 2013
- Vermont Law School, J.D., cum laude, with General Practice Program Certificate, 2013
- Green Mountain College, B.A., summa cum laude, Philosophy with Pre-Law Certificate, 2010
- Rutland County Bar Association
- Vermont Bar Association
- Rutland Community Programs Board of Directors, October 2015-Present
- Hearing Panel Member, Vermont Professional Responsibility Program, November 2015-Present
- Executive Committee Member, Joan Loring Wing Inns of Court, September 2016-Present
- Rutland City Board of School Commissioners, March 2011-October 2016
Ms. Thomas was born and raised in Avon Lake, Ohio. She graduated high school in 1994 and attended Antioch College, studying communications. In 1999 she relocated to Vermont to join the staff at Spring Lake Ranch in Cuttingsville, Vermont.
In 2005, Ms. Thomas returned to college, first at the Community College of Vermont, Rutland, and online while she maintained full-time employment. After completing a Business Law course at CCV and with her reputation among friends for written, facts-based advocacy, Ms. Thomas decided to pursue a career in law. She transferred to Green Mountain College's pre-law program and earned her B.A. in Philosophy, summa cum laude, in 2010. While studying at Green Mountain, Ms. Thomas became the first student to participate in the Nagoya University Graduate School of Law exchange program at Nagoya, Japan, where she earned high marks in every course except Japanese language studies.
In May of 2013 Ms. Thomas earned her J.D. from Vermont Law School, graduating cum laude. She served for five years on the Rutland City Board of School Commissioners, sits on the Professional Responsibility Review Board, and completed the Vermont Bar Association/Vermont Law School New Attorney Incubator Program.