Heather Z. Cooper
Heather Z. Cooper
Direct Line: (802) 665-2682 | email@example.com
Facey Goss & McPhee P.C.
- Banking & Creditors' Rights
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Civil & Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law
Mrs. Cooper is a shareholder in the Firm’s commercial litigation group, where she focuses primarily in bankruptcy and debt restructuring, commercial law and litigation and employment law. She advises debtors, creditors, equity holders, investors and other interested parties in the context of out of court and in court restructurings, liquidations and distressed financing and acquisitions. She has directed all aspects of the bankruptcy process for debtors (individuals and corporations), and secured and unsecured creditors within the context of Chapters 7, 11, 12, and 13 of the Bankruptcy Code. She is Board Certified in Consumer Bankruptcy by the American Board of Certification and serves as a Chapter 11 Subchapter V Trusteefor the District of Vermont and the Northern and Western Districts of New York. She also serves as a foreclosure mediator in the bankruptcy and state court loss mitigation programs.
Outside of financial-related matters, Mrs. Cooper represents clients in a broad range of commercial and business litigation in state and federal courts and in arbitration proceedings, including all sorts of contract and commercial disputes, business torts, shareholder and partnership disputes, real estate disputes, and employment disputes. In the commercial law context, she regularly provides counsel and representation to business clients in corporate, financial, transactional, employment, Union, and general business matters.
She is active in the Rutland, Vermont, community where she resides with her family. She has served as a member and President of the Board of the Rutland Free Library, and an officer in the Union Book Club, the second oldest book club in the United States. She is currently a board member of the Rutland Regional Health Services, Inc. and Rutland Regional Medical Center.
Bar and Court Admissions:
- State of Texas 1998
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts 2001
- Vermont 2003
- United Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit (1999), First Circuit (2001)
- Various United States District Courts
- Board Certified Consumer Bankruptcy Law Specialist, American Board of Certification
- New England Super Lawyer 2015-2021
- Vermont Bar Association
- Rutland County Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Bankruptcy Section Chair, Vermont Bar Association 2014-2019
- Approved Vermont Foreclosure Loss Mitigation Mediator
- Law Clerk, Honorable Colleen A. Brown, the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Vermont (2004-2006)
- Briefing Attorney, Justice David Richards, Court of Appeals for the Second District of Texas (1998-1999).
- South Texas College of Law, J.D. Magna Cum Laude
- University of Houston, B.A.