M. Kate Thomas
M. Kate Thomas
Direct Line: (802) 665-2690 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Facey Goss & McPhee P.C.
Ms. Thomas' main areas of practice include:
- Civil Litigation
- Family Law
- Landlord/Tenant Law
- Personal Injury
- Small Business Representation
- Admitted to Bar in Vermont, November 2013
- Vermont Law School, J.D., cum laude, with General Practice Program Certificate, 2013
- Green Mountain College, B.A., summa cum laude, Philosophy with Pre-Law Certificate, 2010
- Rutland County Bar Association
- Vermont Bar Association
- Rutland Community Programs Board of Directors, October 2015-Present
- Hearing Panel Member, Vermont Professional Responsibility Program, November 2015-Present
- Executive Committee Member, Joan Loring Wing Inns of Court, September 2016-Present
- Rutland City Board of School Commissioners, March 2011-October 2016
M. Kate Thomas, a native of Avon Lake, Ohio, has lived and worked in the Rutland area for 20 years. Kate decided to pursue a career in law with encouragement from friends and professors at the Community College of Vermont and, later, Green Mountain College, where she earned her B.A. in Philosophy, summa cum laude, in 2010 at the age of 34.
Ms. Thomas earned her J.D. from Vermont Law School, graduating cum laude. She was admitted to practice law in Vermont in November, 2013. Her litigation practice includes divorce; adoption/parentage; bankruptcy; personal injury; insurance and defense litigation; landlord/tenant law; and property disputes. Kate serves the Vermont Judiciary on the Professional Responsibility Review Board and was elected Chancellor of the Joan Loring Wing Inn of Court for 2018-2019.
In addition to her law practice, Kate serves on the Board of Directors of the Rutland Area Food Co-Op and the Rutland Community Programs Board, which oversees Rutland's Head Start program and other important community servies. In her free time, Kate enjoys the sport of curling, cooking, and spending time outdoors.