M. Kate Thomas
M. Kate Thomas
Direct Line: (802) 665-2690 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Facey Goss & McPhee P.C.
Ms. Thomas' main areas of practice include:
- Family Law
- Civil Litigation
- Property Disputes, Including Landlord/Tenant
- Admitted to Bar in Vermont, November 2013
- Vermont Law School, J.D., cum laude, with General Practice Program Certificate, 2013
- Green Mountain College, B.A., summa cum laude, Philosophy with Pre-Law Certificate, 2010
- Rutland County Bar Association
- Vermont Bar Association--Young Lawyer's Division Member At Large, 2019
- Rutland Community Programs Board of Directors, October 2015-Present
- Hearing Panel Member, Vermont Professional Responsibility Program, November 2015-Present
- Executive Committee Member, Joan Loring Wing Inn of Court, September 2016-Present (Chancellor 2018-2019; President 2019-2020)
- New England Super Lawyers Rising Star 2017, 2018, and 2019
M. Kate Thomas, a native of Avon Lake, Ohio, has lived and worked in the Rutland area for 20 years. Kate decided to pursue a career in law with encouragement from friends and professors at the Community College of Vermont and, later, Green Mountain College, where she earned her B.A. in Philosophy, summa cum laude, in 2010 at the age of 34.
Ms. Thomas earned her J.D. from Vermont Law School, graduating cum laude. She was admitted to practice law in Vermont in November, 2013. Her litigation practice includes divorce, separation, civil union dissolution, child custody, child support, adoption/parentage, bankruptcy, personal injury, insurance and defense litigation, landlord/tenant law, and property disputes. Kate serves the Vermont Judiciary on the Professional Responsibility Review Board and was elected President of the Joan Loring Wing Inn of Court for 2019-2020, after serving as Chancellor in 2018-2019.
In addition to her law practice, Kate serves on the Board of Directors of the Rutland Community Programs Board and Rutland Rocks Curling Club.