The Vermont Attorneys in our Business Transactions practice group provides legal services to the business community throughout New England and the world with respect to Vermont-related business law and transactions.
The firm provides general business planning services from inception to windup, including:
- Entity formation and governance matters;
- Private placement securities offerings;
- Acquisitions, mergers and dispositions;
- Secured financing and related contractual matters;
- Labor and employment issues.
The Business Transactions and Commercial Law Practice Groups work closely with our Tax Practice Group, providing tax planning and related services to business people seeking to maximize profitability and efficiency. The firm maintains a strong practice in commercial law and secured transactions, and we routinely represent clients throughout New England in complex financing, leasing and sales transactions and negotiations.
Members of the Business Transactions and Commercial Law Practice Groups and the Immigration Practice Group form our EB-5 team to provide immigration law, business organization and private placement securities advice to economic development entities, entrepreneurs and immigrant investors seeking to take advantage of the capital formation, investment and immigration benefits of the EB-5 immigrant investor program.
Attorneys in the Business Transactions and Commercial Law Practice Groups currently represent several U.S. business entities involved in joint ventures or transactions with firms in Europe, South America and the People’s Republic of China.
The Business Transactions and Commercial Law Practice Groups provide advice to clients in the formation and representation of alternative business entities, such as limited liability companies, partnerships and similar venture capital vehicles.
The firm’s business clients range in size from individual proprietors to Fortune 500 corporations.
Some of our recent transactions include:
- Entity formation and corporation organization, including drafting of shareholder agreements, employee benefit and stock option documents, and executive and non-executive personnel manuals and contracts;
- Representation of business entities in complex financing and secured transactions, including floor planning arrangements, private lines of credit and venture financing;
- Negotiation and drafting agreements and contracts pertaining to trade secrets, intellectual property, trademark and copyright;
- Representation of business clients with respect to mergers, acquisitions and spin-offs of business divisions, including assistance and coordination of due diligence investigation and responses and negotiation and drafting of constituent agreements;
- Together with the litigation group, representation of employers regarding labor disputes, workers’ compensation and enforcement of non-compete covenants and trade secret non-disclosure agreements.